Friday, June 1, 2012

final blog



                The most important information on my research on the Industrial food system would be how America allows such damage to animals, earth and our health to continue. This class has opened up my eyes on this world around me, America. I’ve realized how manipulating and disturbing some aspects of our government can be. I am not bashing my country, but I am realizing some truth. Main information that sticks to me is just how they allow such animal torture to continue as long as they can profit. Governments that can allow disturbing actions to continue on living animals, in my opinion don’t see us any different. I feel as though if we were put in Factory Farms and we were the living animals they wouldn’t treat us any different. Government can come up with a new system and change the ways of this Industry but choose to be blind because they profit money.

                My perspective evolved a lot, reading “Slaughterhouse” by Gail A. Eisntiz really made me shrug. I haven’t read books in a long time and to be given a book so impacting made me want to continue looking for more books similar, which can impact me in such a way. To think that Eisnitz is stating facts makes want to take action in this industry and put a stop to it, though I know one person cant. Book and videos I’ve seen in class has changed my mind completely on this system. The truth behind our food industry disgusts me.

                My eating habits are completely different now. I only eat poultry that came from a farm that practices animal husbandry. It cost way more but it’s worth knowing I’m not eating a tortured chicken or a hen full of steroids. I don’t eat fast food what so ever. I’m not perfect I’ve maybe grabbed a McDonald’s coffee or a Dunkin Donuts ice coffee, but not once have I ever eaten a full meal from McDonald’s or Dunkin Donuts after what I’ve learned during class. I am working towards cutting McDonald’s and other fast food off completely, that means not even a coffee. Personally I feel though this class has affected me a lot because I’ve stood up at night feeling bad for the animals. I’ve also told all my friends about it. Most importantly I think it was the video’s that impacted me the most and whenever I sit and reply clips in my head I get sick to my stomach. My professor mad me crazy (loll). I am happy although to know that there a places like local family farm, Chipotle and places like Polly Face farm, which are truly organic. They treat animals with the respect they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment